Followers

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

History does repeat itself...


A week or so ago, mother and I had a 11:30am hair appointment.  My only issue was if she would recognize me that morning, so that we will be able to go. She knew about the appointment, but I quickly learned, that was not a good ideal!!

In the past, before the dementia diagnosis, mother would stress so much about getting to her appointments on time, that she would not sleep the night before. I thought that was no longer in her system now, but it still is!!! Our appointment was at 11:30am, she tried twice that night to get ready to go for the appointment!

Neither one of us got any sleep that night. Of course that morning she was still stressing about the time of the appointment. And with that, she couldn't read the clock properly either! It's 7 in the morning and she thought our appointment was at 9! STOP THE MADNESS!!

The entire day was not good. Keep in mind, she has been awake since 6am the previous day, so 24 hours has passed and now she refused, or not willing to nap, once we got back from the appointment. It was after 7pm that night when she finally went to bed. Exhausted to the point that I had to help her find her room and more.

Dementia has intensified the behavioral patterns she has now, which now makes it harder on a mind that is now deteriorating. Rest and sleep can slow the process, but how can you get them to understand that?

Time for a change...

No comments:

Post a Comment

History does repeat itself...

A week or so ago, mother and I had a 11:30am hair appointment.  My only issue was if she would recognize me that morning, so that we will be...