Every day she ask me that question and everyday I tell her the same thing, "we are staying here". But now I see, her brain is processing what I said differently, and the difference is, "yes". Although, at times she accept what I tell her just fine, and other times she ask "why aren't we going?" No matter which way she responds, she get angry, agitated, confused, upset and more.
Every night, she goes to her room, get out her duffle and canvas bag, to put her night clothes in, and put her toiletries in a plastic bag. I do my best to watch her every moment, so when she can't find things, I know where they are.
This morning, I discovered her dish towel she use for her hand was missing. I go to where she had it last and it wasn't there. She too did not know, when she needed it this morning. Well, this afternoon the towel showed up, and I believe she did not recognize it, when she unfolded some facial tissues, she found the towel wrapped in it!
I believe the different sleep patterns has now effected her already deteriorating brain. One major change is not recognizing me first thing in the mornings. This particular morning, she greeted me with a hug and a kiss, so I assume she was seeing me, but later that afternoon she tells me how "that woman" went to the grocery store. Now I am confused because this means she wasn't seeing me as her mother. But why did she kiss a stranger?
This thing truly has her brain so mixed up. I feel that the lack of good sleep is the driving force behind what is going on with her. We had a doctor appointment and she confirmed my thought process. So when we got back home, she admitted that she was sleepy and I got her to recline in her chair. She actually went to sleep and slept for an hour and half. Although it was late afternoon, I was to happy to see it! I pray this is a fresh beginning.
Time for a change...

No comments:
Post a Comment