Welcome to Café Sixty! I will share with you, my inner thoughts about life during my sixties and more. I will be as transparent as I possibly can, and if you feel the way I do at times, please comment, so I know there are others like me.
Followers
Monday, August 31, 2026
Day after Day...
Each morning when I wake up, I pray my mother will know who I am when she sees me. Since New Years Eve, this has been the norm and I just can't get use to it. To be honest, I hate it, for it was the one thing I prayed for not to happen. Then again, at least it's not an all day thing either. Yes, there has been days that it was all day, but to few to count.
Sundowning is a part of this terrible disease that I hate the most!! The confusion, agitation, hallucinations and being told you're a liar constantly, would drive anyone crazy. But the worst part is when it continues into the next day. I am told that it is strange that she can remember things that happen the day before occasionally. Of course each person is different.
The other night, she told me how I said we were going to the other house that night. She gave me a play by play of the conversation that never happened, and that night was very mild and she went to bed at a decent time too. However, we had one night recently with no sundowning! You can only imagine how much that made me feel.
I am praying for more calmer days, especially nights. But I am thankful for getting restful sleep 95% of the time.
Time for a change...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Day after Day...
Each morning when I wake up, I pray my mother will know who I am when she sees me. Since New Years Eve, this has been the norm and I just ca...
-
On my 65th birthday, I should have been celebrating a mile stone, you know finally made to getting rid of health care premiums a...
-
I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. I saw a big difference in my mother with her new medication. But four days lat...
-
In the world of Dementia, there is a thing called "Sundowning". What is it? Google says this, " Sundown syndrome, also know...
No comments:
Post a Comment