Welcome to Café Sixty! I will share with you, my inner thoughts about life during my sixties and more. I will be as transparent as I possibly can, and if you feel the way I do at times, please comment, so I know there are others like me.
Followers
Wednesday, September 30, 2026
On repeat...
If I could change the channel, trust me I would! With repeat on TV, actually reruns, they are entertaining, but reruns with Dementia is not entertaining at all. Who wants to hear, "I want to go home" everyday or you being told you are wrong everyday when your memory is not the one that has been compromised.
Recently, mother has been sundowning more and more everyday. And one day it started first thing in the morning and stopped when she went to bed. It was a very exhausting day for the both of us, but at a certain time it hit me, "full moon". Yes I looked it up and it was a full moon that day!
Not sure why things get more intense with them during a full moon, but I need to find a way to lessen the sundowning (if that is possible) so that our day can be a bit calmer. The stress of care giving is getting too me now and I need my outlets more and more everyday. I am learning that I can't allow the stress of this to consume me. I need to calm and exercise my mind now.
I am learning a lot about my mother since moving back home, and she has carried a lot of anger, which turned into stress and worry for 60 plus years. I can not let that be my reality for the rest of my life. So since I am doing this alone, I need to make sure I have things in place to be able to decompress. Beside, I need to be mentally healthy for us both.
Such a crazy life...
Labels:
Caregiver,
change,
crafter,
family,
friends,
full moon,
God,
hallucinations,
Lewy Body Dementia,
life,
memory loss,
patience,
peace,
Personal Journal,
prayer,
roller-coaster,
self-care,
sleep,
strength,
sundowning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
On repeat...
If I could change the channel, trust me I would! With repeat on TV, actually reruns, they are entertaining, but reruns with Dementia is not ...
-
On my 65th birthday, I should have been celebrating a mile stone, you know finally made to getting rid of health care premiums a...
-
I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. I saw a big difference in my mother with her new medication. But four days lat...
-
Years ago, I was asked to help care for a gentleman, as in finding him doctors, taking him to appointments and handling his medi...
No comments:
Post a Comment