Monday, November 2, 2020

Almost 61…….


How the hell did I get to this point in life?  I often ask myself this, and I know for most of us, we wonder where all the time went!  I find myself trying to remember what happened two months ago, and it just seems life a blur.  The one thing I can remember, is my mother telling me in my late teens, “Just wait.  When you hit 21, the years are going fly by you”, and guess what?  She did not lie!!  I still can’t believe that was over 40 years ago.  Wow….and so much has happen since then, and the alarming part of it all….I don’t remember 75% of those 40 plus years.  

But thanks to God, he brings certain and important memories back to me.  So, all is not loss, but it is those bad memories that creeps in every now and then, that sometimes interrupt my peace. I do know, we should learn from our past, but now I am learning that those memories are a reminder for me, when I encounter situations like what I have gone through in my past.  I guess you can say, this is where wisdom comes into to play. Right now, COVID 19, has brought back memories that I had totally forgotten, especially things I use to love to do.  So, now I am focusing on the things I loved to do and bringing them back into my present, while I still can! #60andblessed

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! Not in my 60s yet, but I feel you. It's like you went to bed 21 and woke up your current age. Prayer and grace brought us through and gave us the skills to carry on.

    ReplyDelete

How strong are you…

    There is always something to test your strength.   Granted, we are all weak in different areas, but I have learned over the years that, ...